Quick Question Re Bell Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm slowly running the cable, room by room, for my yet to be installed alarm system. I've come to the room where the alarm bell box will be situated and I want to run the necessary cable before having the room plastered. Question is, do I just need one 6 core cable to the bell box, or anything else?

THanks!

Sponsored Links
..............surely the type of bell / and connections required will determine which cable is needed.

Typically 6 core is used I'd say for example

Power +
Power -
Bell +
Bell -
Tamper
Tamper Return.

......however some bells have other functions which if used will need more than 6 core

If you know which sounder you are planning to use, reply and I'm sure others can give a more informed answer.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm thinking a Texecom system is a safe bet so perhaps you could recommend a bell box that would go with that... The obvious option is this

Looks fine to me, although personally I like a sounder to have some screen printing..............more authentic IMO.

Sponsored Links
The "oddy" is fine, you will need a 6 core but only 5 out of it. If your running 8 core anyway you will have lots of extra.

What would you suggest he has screen printed on a single bell cover? A company name? Oh yeah thats copyright isnt it?

OP if you really want a sticker use "Word" and get a local signwriters to knock it up from some scrap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back