re routing telephone.cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there.

I live in a houseshare and have just purchased internet.

I want a phone line in my room to plug the router in. I was thinking about cutting the cable that goes into another persons room and getting a terminal block connecting the cable to the block and then buy more phone line cable Screwing it into the block and have a cable going in through my window by drilling a hole in the plastic. Would this work? Please help me

Thanks

Kris

Sponsored Links
I was thinking about cutting the cable that goes into another persons room and getting a terminal block connecting the cable to the block
Don't cut the cable especially if you mean outside of the building.
Connect your new cable to the terminals in the existing socket and run it from there.

and then buy more phone line cable Screwing it into the block and have a cable going in through my window by drilling a hole in the plastic.
Don't drill holes in plastic windows. Find another route.

Are you the only person in the house who will be using internet access ? Reason for asking is that you can only have one router on a ADSL phone line.

Mods Please move to telephone section

You could consider using a double splitter at the existing telephone socket then use an extension cable.
How far are these rooms apart?

Sponsored Links
Its the house phone line but no one uses it the rooms arent that far apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back