Replacing Eurosec CP8L keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is our orginal Eurosec CP8L keypad... The keys are becoming unreliable so i would like to replace it with a direct swop

C5EE18FC-C0A9-4E6D-923F-2367AC8AA593-233-00000028E03010D3_zpsef397b56.jpg

I have found this unit which I think may be suitable here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Home-Alar...3717?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item3f17ab05a5

So my questions

1. Is the replacment unit compatable?
2. Will i need to reprgramme the system or is it a matter of just connector the 4 wires into the back of the new keypad ?
3. Is there a way to determine if an engineer code is set on the system?

Many thanks for your counsel

Tim

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
yes its the new version, just reconnect the four wires, but i would take off the old keypad first take out the old rubber mat, clean it and the carbon tracks on the pcb ( meths on a cotton bud will do the trick ) put back together 9 out of 10 will be fine for a least a year trust me ive cleaned loads over the last 5 years.

And what's going to come next is the keypad won't work as the wires have shorted when the keypad was removed. :cool: :cool: :cool:

OP, try not to short them out, if you do, replace the fuse in the control panel :D

Thanks for the advice

Can you confirm that the keypad does not hold the programme info and alarm codes and all that stuff is held in the main panel ?

Sponsored Links
Well after a good clean and a change of the code away from the worn numbers the unit is working perfectly again.

Thanks to all

Hi,

I replaced the keypad today and i'm pretty sure i accidentally let the wires touch :(

So assume i must have blown a fuse, how do I go about replacing this ? I have opened the control panel and can see three glass fuses, assume it is this ?

They 'look' ok, what type of fuse is it and do I just replace it ?

Hi,

Finally managed to change the fuse and the display is working.

However the new display I bought, only shows a top row of blocks. Any ideas?

Data bus wired wrong way round check colours at both ends d1 and d2 or power down panel and re power up.

Hi,

Thanks for all your help so far. I'm 100% sure the wiring is correct as i triple checked it.

Using my old faulty panel it displays text ( badly as part of the screens display is broken, which is why i'm replacing it )

I bought the keypad from here :

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Saf...nel+with+LCD+Remote+Keypad/d200/sd2759/p47637

Assume it shouldn't matter that it is a newer one, the model is the same. I'll take a photo tonight but the back of each are slightly different.

Therefore so to power it up and down, is it just turn off the mains and also remove the battery ?

Thanks,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back