Replacing Keypad on an old Securit 700L system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
The keypad on my C&K Securit 700L system is beginning to get difficult to use. I've located an "Intellisense C & K 700 700l 800l Keypad" which is badged as a "Tate T-BK/8" or possibly /5.

The differences in appearance are that this one has LED's 1 to 8 where mine only has 1 to 6 and also three marked MAINS, DAY & TAMPER where mine are MAINS, PA & TAMPER.

I've been told it's fully compatible with mine, do you guys agree. Also is it a straightforward job to replace?

I know it's an old system and I'd love to get a new one installed, but unfortunately money is a bit tight at the moment and apart from the keypad, this one is working OK.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
what is wrong with your current keypad, "difficult to use" is it sticking?

If it is just sticking you may just be able to clean it up to get full functionality.

I am unsure about compatability, sure some of the others on here can put you straight with regards functionality/ compatability.

Sounds like the keypad you are looking at is for a slightly bigger system than what you have.

The keypad is "difficult to use" as some numbers do not always register when pressed and a couple do not register at all, one of which is the number 9 which is required to change the current user code.

give them a clean, cost you a couple of quid and it it didn't resolve your issue then look at replacing the keypad.

takes very little time to clean, keys not registering or hard to press can usually be sorted by a quick clean.

Sponsored Links
When you just say "clean it up" do you mean scrape off any buildup on the board behind the keys. If so, can you tell me how to remove the cover, and whether doing this will set off the tamper alarm.

not scrapping you can get some cleaner spray on wipe dry.

I use SWA Electrical cleaner less than £5 for a 400ml can, but you wont need much and wipe up the excess. or some rubbing alcohol.

easiest thing is take the keypad apart type your code in after the tamper has gone off, remove the positive (12V) terminal a quick spray and wipe dry then put the positive back in things power up and replace the front. make usre it is dry before putting power back to the keypad

There are a couple of threads on here about cleaning keypads, so may want to look at them to see if they have any other recommended cleaning products.

Don't think that keypad will work ! It will have issues with the LEDs best bet is remove the rubber keymat from the 800l keypad and put it in the very old 700l ( if it only has 6 zones) .... Or look around on ebay for an 800l pcb

I couldnt say it would work as never tried it or know anyone that has.

I know some scantronic keypads with the same model numbers (old) and (new) the leds dont corrospond, so having unit with extra leds would ring "alarm bells" excuse the pun before even started.

Cleaning is the first option, finding parts second, scrapping and getting anew system last option.

If you are getting it from Ebay at £35 plus £5 postage, ask the seller, he will be able to confirm for you compatability, I dont know the seller personally but he is an installer and may have done a lot of these years ago.

You can get new panels for around this price though, so its down to what you want to try.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, but I was called out.

I don't know enough to start swapping keymats over so if you can tell me how to open the keypad, I'll buy some fluid and give it a good clean.

We need the security of an alarm, so if cleaning fails I'll get a qualified engineer in to sort it all out.

Same way you will be cleaning the keys ! Take off front off keyad, enter code if it has tamper connected ( have seen them with it not connected ) two small screws one on left and right edge, take them out and pcb comes away from plastic case carefully pull off rubber mat , swop over mat or clean , put back together ! Test code

Sorry to be a nuisance lads, but I really am a novice.
There's a small 1/4" slot on the side with a plastic retaining peg in it. Do you depress this to release the front cover?

Yes but be carefull as the plastic goes brittle over time and if you break it off the front won't clip back on !

Sparkymarka
Yes but be carefull as the plastic goes brittle over time and if you break it off the front won't clip back on !

This is exactly what has annoyingly happened to us during decorating. Any solutions known please? Or is it a new keypad? And any suggestions as to where from please?
Many thanks
Kim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back