Rewiring alarm with power connected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing Securit 800L system. I want to add a second door to the final exit circuit, and also an extra PIR. If possible I want to do this without the SAB going off and annoying the neighbours. I definitely can't access the bell at the moment because there's building work going on.

If I remove mains and battery power from the control panel I should be able to silence the bell by connecting its hold off terminals direct to the battery. However I may want to power up and down a few times. I'm wondering about making things easier by doing the rewiring leaving battery power on to the control panel (mains disconnected).

I'll have to remove a couple of cables and add four and the wiring is fairly tight inside the panel. Is it inadvisable to do the rewiring with power on?

Sponsored Links
Is it inadvisable to do the rewiring with power on?
Re-wiring with the power on can be done. but best to have a large supply of spare fuses and to be really safe a couple of spare panel PCBs......

Yes, I think you're right. I wouldn't normally work on an electronics board that's got power.

Someone told me that my Securit 800L loses the programming settings if I remove power. I don't think this is the case. Does anyone know for sure?

What! tight inside an 800L you must be kidding ! Lol
Are you sure it's not 802 plastic on board panel ?

Sponsored Links
What! tight inside an 800L you must be kidding ! Lol
Are you sure it's not 802 plastic on board panel ?
To get the extra cables through the existing hole in the case, I'll have to force them through. I agree there's a lot of space inside the case

As in the massive oval cable entry that runs across the middle of the panel ?
:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back