Scantronic 9827 keypad issue after replacing 9800 keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having read on these forums, I purchased 2 scantronic 9827 keypads to replace the 9800 keypad.

At the weekend I took the plunge and replaced my old 9800 keypad. I powered down the system at the mains (battery was left connected) and connected the 9827 panel. It was all very simple with three wires +0, Sig and +Ve connections.

The keypad issued a bleep and the green LEDs which light the keypad buttons, flashed briefly.

However I have no display on the keypad.

I tried the default engineers code of 0 7890 and my user code. The keypad bleeps after each key press, but nothing happens. I also tried the default user code of A 1234. Still nothing

I tried the 2nd keypad, same result. (I set the dip switches on both keypads as 1).

Can anyone suggest a way forward or indicate where I might be going wrong ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

I will try the NVM reset as I have the manual.

I have two questions

1) Is there anyway of stopping the external sounder, as when I initially powered down the system and disconnected the battery when I first fitted the new 9827 keypad the outside alarm went off. So I reattached the battery which stopped the outside alarm, but has got me to this position.

2) Will I have to reprogram the system (if I want different zones) or will it restore to a default that it treats the system as one zone for the whole house ?

hi
unfortunately there will be no way to stop the external bell sounding and yes you will have to reprogram the zones it would help if you have a zone list but the reset will probably resolve the problem if not then try the old keypad

hope this helps

Sponsored Links
I also tried the default user code of A 1234. Still nothing

I tried the 2nd keypad, same result. (I set the dip switches on both keypads as 1).

Can anyone suggest a way forward or indicate where I might be going wrong ?
"A 1234" is NOT the default user code.

The RKPs need to be coded as, RKP 1, 2, 3 etc, NOT all the same.

All of ^^^ this above.

Plus, the OP hasn't actually powered it down yet. I'd place bet that once the above is sorted - KRP addressing, correct codes (same if not crashing the panel) it'll come back up as intended - if it doesn't it may be broke now.

Power it down fully, sort the RKPs out, and try again before anything "reset" wise.

Thanks all, I only have one RKP on the system. Dip switch set to 1.

I will try a full power down first, then an NVM reset.

When I fully power down the system, do I have to wait for any amount of time before bringing back to power up ?

Not really, but no point in doing it twice so no harm (other than your external sounder going) in giving it 30-60 seconds rest.

Be sure to connect the right power source first - and true to form, I can't remember if it's mains or battery first! Check your book.

Oh, and have your code ready and be prepared for the internal sounder/s making a din (or disconnect them temporarily).

One way of minimising the external bell sounding time (other than opening it up and disconnecting its battery) is to power the bell from your panel battery. Once you've opened up the panel, disconnect the 12v supply to the bell, disconnect the battery and connect the bell cable to the battery. This should stop it ringing. Then you can pull the mains fuse and do the keypad work...

Once you're done, reconnect the bell power to the panel, then the battery and finally the mains.

The full power down did the trick.

1) Mains power switched off first
2) Opened panel, disconnected battery, external alarm sounded.
3) Reconnect battery, external alarm stopped, closed panel
4) Mains power restored

Keypad was then functioning showing DAY and ZONE A leds.

My original user code set the alarm.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back