Securit 800L+ wont turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a house with the above alarm in, which is 6 years old. The power was off when we went into the house. When the power was switched on the alarm went off, so I went to the panel and typed in the default code of 1234 # the alarm carried on going. The previous owner had re-set the code and gave me their old code and that failed. I put in the enginnering code 7890 # and that failed.
The keypad lights show the Tamper light and Zone 4 are lite.
There are four zones of which 4 is the klitchen. Zone 1 is the front door although I can't see a sensor for that. I have checked the pir in the kitchen and its clean and looks ok.

I have disconnected the 24HR Tamper on in the alarm box and that has stopped the external bell from ringing but the internal bells are still going beserk. The only way I can stopping it, is by pulling the fuse out at the consumer panel.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
I bet the battery has never been replaced, past its use by date now.

Should be done every 5 years unless found (when servicing) to be faulty earlier.

Thanks for your reply.
I though the battery might have discharged but I would expect to be able to turn off the alarms from the keypad

The problems caused by out of date / faulty batts. are numerous, yours is just one example.

Sponsored Links
The battery discharged. When the power came on it soaked up the power like a sponge and blew the fuse (overcurrent). Therefore the keypad is dead. You need a new fuse.

The keypad is illuminated and beeps when I press the keys. I've checked the 3 amp fuse next to the control panel and thats fine. The fuse on the consumer unit is fine as well.
Are their any other fuses that I need to check?

BUT, 1st, you need a new battery!

But what do I know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back