Securit 800l

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Securit 800l intruder alarm issue

Set my alarm this morning, no issues, just got a call from father in law, called at the house (bear in mind its his first attempt at this) input the code within the entry time.

When leaving the house he rang me to say he has an intermittent tone that will not change to constant tone even when he has left the building, I told him to leave it dis-armed until i arrive home.

All I can think he has done is to try and set the alarm with the entry/exit door open, would this prevent the alarm from going into arm, does this door need to be closed to start the sequence.

Sponsored Links
Yes. It won't set if it's not all closed up.

wasnt sure if it would go to constant tone as you closed the door on exit, but my guess is to initiate the set all zones need to be closed, then whilst the constant tone is sounding you can open the entry exit or activate any number of pir and it will not arm until the circuit is closed and held that way for a pre set time correct.

Hi Joe,

The alarm zones should be closed as you quite rightly suggest, however, I believe the entry exit door can remain in the open position when setting. Correct me if I'm wrong ... just trying to find the specs for this panel.

Take care

Sponsored Links
Turns out he entered the building through the wrong door and triggered an instant full alarm and didn't realise he needed to clear and reset, which means inputing the code & the # key

Hi TS,

At least you've found the problem and it's nothing major. I've done the same thing hundreds of times, and I install them.

Best Wishes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back