Texecom firmware update for IOS app

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recently downloaded the texecom key fob software on the apple phone

Can't seem to get it working as on the main page it says user/ password and then it says Sites, which is empty and I cannot put any details in there.

I've been advised to update the firmware to the latest version which I think is v2.0.9

How do I find out my current version of software

My panel version is 8.0.7

Sponsored Links
Menu 4 gives you panel type and firmware version.

I dont recognise 8.0.7 as a firmware version it would x.x not x.x.x

If it is s version 8 panel then I need to know the panel type and may be able to guide you some more.

Do you have a com-ip module?

Hi,

The panel firmware version is 8.17

Yes I also do have a ComIP which is configured and works well with the Wintex software 6.2

Thanks

Okay there are a few issues.

1. The firmware needs to be version 10 for the smart key to work properly with the app. Ie the led equivalents to work when arming abd disarming.

2. To flash upgrade your panel to version 10 you may need to upgrade the nvm chip.

3. You need to program the com ip as not used and change the mode of the ip module

Its a lot to consider and should only be attempted by a professional familar wirh all these issues.

To be honest be easier to upgrade the panel to the latest premier elite, all the ither stuff should work so just a panel replacement.

If you need more info pm.me

Sponsored Links
Version 10 are you sure.? Never seen one on a non elite panel ! I know it's in wintex but I fit them day in day out and never seen a version 10...... I think you will find the app is for ELITE panels only

The pre elites

Version 9.02 last offical uk release
9.07 dual com inside release
Version 10's never released in uk but if you request the firmware to update to get the smartkey leds to work properly on the app.

The keypad app should work on all the panels except pre elite 24's even the international panels, the smart key is a little more fussy.

Thanks for the update

Im comfortable in updating the firmware as long as I know how to do it.

In terms of the nvm chip, how do I get upgraded chip and from where

Also the version 10 firmware, were do I obtain this from as I could not see it on the texecom website.

Ive downloaded the the premier elite flasher, can this work over the network or will I need to purchase the USB flasher.

Sorry and the final question I have on the texecom website under the 48 panel details it mentions

Premier Elite 48

48 Zone Grade 3 Control Panel

Current Firmware Version: 2.09

What does this mean, if my panel version is 8.17

Thanks

You don't have an elite you have the old panel..... It would be cheaper to buy a new panel than a flasher plus I wouldn't use version 10 as texecom probably won't support it , it may also have bugs in the firmware....

Basically you have a pre Elite panel.

As pointed out the app was designed around the elite panels, however that being said the protocols used are the same.

The smart key app simulated leds don't work properly on the panel you have, to get this to work you need the firmware version 10.x

Also you may find you have disconnection issues, these relate to mode of the com-ip module.

Personally I would upgrade the panel, if you do things wrong you will end up with no panel.

You would need the old flasher software and there we have another issue.

Personally email in about the app with your panel details and ask for a step by step guide on this one.

Tell them you have the usb com lead and the flasher unit but want to make sure you have the right nvm chip and where to get them from

I would request firmware for your current panel along with the the versin 10 for the app.

If you have the original cd you may hsve the old flasher software on it.

I dont want want to go through this step by step with you, there is so much to do and it could go horrible wrong. It could then take som time to recover the panel.

The flasher unit is about £20 like to know where you buy your panels from ....lol

I am with sparkymarka on this one

They wont support an end user on this anyway, they should support a registered engineer as Texecom have recommended the upgrade for the app toinstallers asking for help.

Upgrade the panel it will be better for youall round.

Not just the equipment cost it's time involved sorting out issues when it's not fully supported.....

Okay look at this way

If i was doing this as a paid job I would quote you less to upgrade the psnel completly thsn attempt the flash upgrade your psnel to 10.

Just because it could be problematic, although to be fair can all be done in an hour if all goes well. The systems I hsve done this on hsvent been fully loaded and only been done for mates.

First one I struggled with and flashed it all back got it running snd then started all over again and it wss okay no reported issues from my mates but there systems are simple.

Thanks All,

So I guess its easier to upgrade to the new premier elite panel.

Just to confirm, with the integration of the existing products, keypads, sensors, wirless expander etc will work fine.

Would I be able to swap the circuit boards out quite easily rather then taking the whole metal box down and putting a new one on.

What wireless devices radio plus or richochet?

Radio plus isnt officially supported on elite panels.

It's the Richochet

These are the products that I currently have installed

1x Texecom Premier 48 Panel
2x Texecom Premier LCDL Large Character Flush Satin Chrome
2x Texecom Ricochet Wireless Magnetic Contact -W - GBC-0001
3x Texecom Ricochet Premier Smartkey Wireless Iconic Keyfob - GCC-0001
8x Texecom Prestige DT
1x Texecom Premier GSM Module JAE-001
1x Texecom Odyssey 5 Compact Sounder and Cover
1x Texecom 32xp
1x Texecom COMIP
1x Texecom Ricochet GBA-0001
1x Texecom Ricochet GCC-0001
1x Texecom Ricochet GBC-0001

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back