Texecom Keypad not responding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day

I came home two days ago and i could not disarm my alarm, my texecom kepad showed exp1 lost.
I took off the power and the battery and powered the system back. There was a normal display with correct time but all the buttons just beep when pressed but nothing changes on the display.
I tried to input my code and to press the menu button but nothing happens, just the normal display stays and does not change.
I hear different keypad alarms now and then and the take around 5 to ten seconds in like 15 minutes intervals:

Kindly help me figure out the problem.

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

Dante

Sponsored Links
what alarm panel is it ? what type of expander ? are they both on the same cable ?

Ever changed the battery? It's amazing what faults a duff battery cause.

12v at the battery terminals means nothing.

Just disconnect the battery to see if this resolves, if it does replace the battery.

Assuming you don't have a service contract with a company and your conversant with electricity.

If it is still locked have you tried power cycling? If so, next step would be to,

Move a keypad onto a short piece of cable back at the control panel and disconnect all other keypad/expander cabling. If this resolves the issue the cable is down, if it doesn't the panel or keypad is bad.

Sponsored Links
It's the battery.

Those ones from Botswana are awful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back