Texecom Odyssey Tamper Connection to Panel (816 Texecom)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guy,
I have a question on connecting a Texecom Odyssey 5E External sounder to a Texecom 816 Panel.

I have observed the following connections

External Sounder Control Panel
+12v AUX +12V
Bell Output 1 (Siren)
TAMP ?
0V AUX 0V
Strobe Output 2 (Strobe)

My question is where and how do you connect the TAMP from the Ex. Sounder? There is no dedicated terminal on the panel for Tamper.

Can I wire it into an extra Zone, and program 24 hr, if so How do I wire it thanks.

Thank you, any guidance appreciated, Best regards
Anup

Sponsored Links
Last 816 i fitted a long time ago had a plug on interface for the bell connection it was on the right hand side a small pcb.... I believe its called a uk bell module

not my favourite panel by any means.

all uk panel variants of the "international series" (412,816,832) come with the bell module attached and the wiring is like to like. A B C D S also had an auxiliary tamper circuit.

Had a quick search and couldnt find any modules on sale, but wouldnt need to be I guess if its normally included with the UK panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back