Texecom premier 48 alarm wintex config

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi as some of you may know I have recently installed a Texecom premier 48 alarm. Last night for the first time I powered the panel up and of course I now have questions. If I program a zone as not used do I still need to link out the tamper. What does the red dot mean on the expander information for Area A B C D LED Control.

Is there any issue with the red dots I have on the system picture. I have since confirmed the devices but forgot to take an updated screen grab.

Sponsored Links
Dont see any problems there, the red dot against output 1 on your expander just means that output is active. As it's setup for 'led control' as standard from the manufacturer I'll guess it's not something your going to use, or will change at a later date to suit.

Also, once a zone is 'not used' it is completely off, no need to link out etc.

Just also be aware I spotted you'd put those exit terminators in area D, I dont know how they are wired but if there's any chance they could ever cause a tamper and you dont have a code that has access to area D, you may well find yourself unable to silence the alarm. Thats not so much a problem for yourself when you have access to engineer programming etc though.

Dont see any problems there, the red dot against output 1 on your expander just means that output is active. As it's setup for 'led control' as standard from the manufacturer I'll guess it's not something your going to use, or will change at a later date to suit.

Also, once a zone is 'not used' it is completely off, no need to link out etc.

Just also be aware I spotted you'd put those exit terminators in area D, I dont know how they are wired but if there's any chance they could ever cause a tamper and you dont have a code that has access to area D, you may well find yourself unable to silence the alarm. Thats not so much a problem for yourself when you have access to engineer programming etc though.

Thanks I will change them to A the same as the rest. I have just one wire coming from one of the alarm channels on zone 7 to one of the pins of the NO doorbell switch then the other wire comes from the other pin on the switch back to the zone. I have done the same for the other door bell on zone 8. I have not used the tamper on these zones should I link them out with a piece off wire. Also should the zone be programmed as normally open because that's what the switch is.

Again thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back