texecom update and pir info

Status
Not open for further replies.
so much choice lol just had to decide! the internal sounder/speaker really look pleasing on the eye

Sponsored Links
also with the pyronix sounder and pirs, its nice to see full fitting kits are included, wall plugs screws etc.

also with the pyronix sounder and pirs, its nice to see full fitting kits are included, wall plugs screws etc.
you mean the cheap nasty stuff all manufacturers supply that goes straight in the bin?

Sponsored Links
ok. had a little play of the system today, to have a look through the keypad menu.

i also want to conect my first pir and play with that, eol is the wiring, my pir has eol built in but im confused.

the pir has various resistor settings.

now in the texecom manual, it shows 2 resistors connected (4k7 at the alarm and 2k2 on the tamper circuits)

so even if i put my new pir (alarm) to 4k7 (on the header) do i still manualy need to fix a 2k2 resistor to the tamper circuit?.

ah is this double eol? so i put one jumper on the pir alarm at 4k7, then on the tamper circuit do i put a jumper on the 2k2 pin?

If you're uncomfortable with eol wiring, then just change it to nc wiring on the panel.

That's off you can do that on texecom panels...

Works on galaxy anyway

no mate, im installing it as close to a graded system as i can get, so want eol, never seen or used alarm panel in my life untill a few weeks of buying and researching, finally getting there.

i belive this is the way to go with eol on my texecom:

pir alarm set to 4k7 then alarm terminal connected to zone one on texecom

pir tamper set to 2k2 then tamper connected to tamper on texecom.

nothing to it really, nothing hard to understand seems quite easy so far.

not got any door contacts yet, i guess door contacts are door contacts, so no need to buy expensive ones?

depends if you are fitting a graded system . try elmdene QST-RD surace g2 contact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back