Texecom Veritas Excel control panel tamper light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The control panel's tamper light is always on... On a reboot the alarm/control panel starts the initialization phase and then the tamper light illuminates, showing a fault :(

As I'm installing my first alarm system the current configuration consists of only two PIR's attached on Z1 and Z5 (as a quick test). They are connected with an 33k resistor in parallel to the alarm terminals on the PIR's (European configuration). All other zones have a 10k resistor places across them. I'm not using an external sounder at the moment but have removed the link and placed an 10k resister across the 0v and Temp setting.

Unfortunately there no information within the event logs..

Any help or suggestions very much appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I'm not using an external sounder at the moment but have removed the link and placed an 10k resister across the 0v and Temp setting.

I would check replacing the original link.

I would check replacing the original link.

Thanks John, unfortunately didn't work.. Do you know if I defo need an external sounder for the system to behave?

Sponsored Links
Resolved.. :)

Control Panel lid was not closed properly causing the tamper light to be permanently on.

This was found by performing the walk through test that highlighted the zone at fault and then by pressing the omit button indicated the cause...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back