Two Pole door contact (in brown!)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know of a two pole flush door contact, and in brown!

Would like to provide a second contact to building automation without connection to intruder panel, and client is keen not to have too many holes/sensors in the door.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Good question, and no.
Well not off hand,you could do it with two surface mounted. But you want flush.

I assume its for a door monitor.
What are you looking for, door open or forced?
You can get monitored strikes which would operate in the same way.
Or are you going for interlocking?

the only double reed contact i know they still make is a cqr/ knights plastics 25mm alloy cover concealed contact.

Good question, and no.
Well not off hand,you could do it with two surface mounted. But you want flush.

I`ll rephrase.

No, not one that will be allowed to be fitted to a graded alarm system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies,

One contact is for the intruder system and I understand is to detect if door is opened (or forced I guess).
They are solid doors with mechanical locking and already installed so a monitored strike isn't really practical cabling wise.

I'll see if I can find the cqr/knights one, but suspect we'll end up with two separate contacts.

The two functions, alarm and building management are different and may require different ""sensitivity" in the sensors.

You could justify to you customer the need for two sensors by explaining the differen requirments..

The alarm may need to detect a very small movement when someone is trying to force the door and it is bending but not yet broken open as a very early warning of intruders.

The building management system may only need to detect when the door is fully opened and not be affected by the door moving a little or even slightly ajar when not firmly locked.

If a single point of activation in the door's travel is acceptable for both functions, you could always use a single-pole switch connected to a relay with two sets of contacts from which the two required circuits can be wired separately.

Depending on the type of alarm installed, consider using an output from it which follows the door.

If a single point of activation in the door's travel is acceptable for both functions, you could always use a single-pole switch connected to a relay with two sets of contacts from which the two required circuits can be wired separately.

As it is a building with automation, I would assume ( yes assume) the alarm is graded, the above would never comply.

Depending on the type of alarm installed, consider using an output from it which follows the door.
Better idea, still not going to work correctly I feel and then there is still the cable issue mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back