Veritas R8 - No of alarm activations in programming mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ,

Assuming that "No of alarm activations" means that the alarm will activate a certain -user defined - No of times after the first time it activates (and no user code is entered:) ,does anyone knows what is the interval between each alarm reactivation? I assume the duration of each activation will be set from the "bell cut-of time".

Thank you

Sponsored Links
the number of alarm activations before the system locks out and wont set the bells and whistles off until you reset it.

in other words;
if you set it to two activations
it will go off twice
and so on

but after the last activation , it wont re arm and go off again!

Oasis

Many thanks Oasis for taking the trouble to reply ,

Probably its the fact that I am not an alarm technician for asking
an additional clarification.
If I understood correctly from your answer the following events will happen with number of alarm activation set to two:

a) Someone breaks in - 1st alarm activation.
b) Bell cut - off time of the Veritas stop siren after let's say 10 minutes.
c) If the "lad" is still in the premise and for example a PIR radar or magnetic trap is triggered again then we have the 2nd alarm activation.
d) The alarm will now siren until it is battery exhausted regardless of the bell cut-of time of the Veritas.

Am I correct?

Many thanks again.

a, b, c, are correct.

d) Once the cut off timer has expired following the second activation, the alarm will not sound again until it has been reset and rearmed by the user.

Sponsored Links
I have never used texecom but the accenta has something similar i beleive called Re - Arms On the Accenta the Default is 3.

I thought this was for detectors, Lets say a PIR is faulty & it triggers the system 3 times. The panel on the 4th rearm will omit that circuit untill the system is reset, But all other sensors remain active and the faulty zone will be ignored

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back