Veritas R8 No power to ANY PIRs? Could it be battery?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

I have a DIY installed Veritas R8 alarm system with the Reflex PIRs.

It has worked perfectly for the last 11 years with minimal maintenance. However it still has the original 2.2Ah 12v battery installed.

Last week we had some work done in our kitchen - the electrical consumer unit was moved and also we have had the room plastered. The electricity has been switched on and off loads of times and also the PIR from that room has been disconnected and reconnected.

Anyway - now the plaster is dry I have replaced the PIR and now none of the PIRs in the house have power. My first guess was an internal fuse but they all appear OK (and I changed them anyway just to be sure).

My second guess after looking on this and other forums could be that the battery is past it's best but would this cause the PIRs to have no power?

BTW - I checked the voltage at the circuit board which should be 12v and it is showing near to zero.

Answers on a postcard - or even better - to here please!

Thanks for any support.[/b]

Sponsored Links
Well the battery deffo needs changing.
Did you test the new fuses with a neter before inserting, can happen sometimes they are duff.

Change the battery and then test all charging rates and outputs.

Thanks for the reply.

I will get down to Edmundsons tomorrow and get a replacement battery and some new fuses.

There was one spare [fuse] which I swapped out with all the others individually. I must admit I really think it still might be a fuse issue.

I checked the voltage at the AUX + against the AUX - and it was about 0.2V - likely the variance in the accuracy of the multimeter I was using.

Thanks again for the suggestion and post back when I have done it.

Get a 7Ah battery, not a Mickey Mouse 2.2Ah.

Don't forget it should be changed at a Max. of every 5yrs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back