which DVR should I choose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Really do not know why the Maplin one is in there.

From the specs I would go for the XDH.
Looks to be a bit more versatile than the Samsung.

the maplin one is linked because they are only supplier I can find for the avtech range of IVS DVR's which feature push notifications for iPhones which interested me and also ability to control PTZ cameras via BNC rather than running a RS485 cable to control it

Sponsored Links
If you do go for the XDR from CCTVDirect its much cheaper to get the hard drive yourself. You can easily get a 2tb branded HDD for roughly £60 and install it yourself instead of spending £190.

PTZ via BNC where? Have I gone blind?
from the avtech website for that model:-

DVR / Camera Communication System (DCCS)
�� For PTZ or zoom-lens control cameras, there’s no need to additionally connect RS485 control wires for camera control
because the control signals can be transferred by coaxial cables directly.

If you do go for the XDR from CCTVDirect its much cheaper to get the hard drive yourself. You can easily get a 2tb branded HDD for roughly £60 and install it yourself instead of spending £190.
only issue is that if cctvdirect supply hard disk it comes with 2 year warranty, but apparently only 1 year if not - which is odd as brochure actually says 3 years!

�� For PTZ or zoom-lens control cameras, there’s no need to additionally connect RS485 control wires for camera control

I would double check that with Maplin, thats the American website.

I would double check that with Maplin, thats the American website.

yes will do - seems to be an AVC794 and an AVC794C - will email maplin and avtech to find out differences

actually if you check the brochure on the maplin website - it does state that model does have DCCS - i.e. ability to control PTZ or zoom lens cameras through BNC and not need additional rs485 control wires

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back