Wiring a filtered faceplate - no ADSL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Im having trouble connecting the cables to the right terminals and would appreciate some advice please.

The socket is an extension. I have cat5 cable. There are 4 wires - Orange, Blue, Green and Brown. The Brown is not connected to anything.

The filtered faceplate has 6 terminals but they do not correspond to my existing BT socket. The BT socket has terminals 1-6. 2=Blue, 3=Green, 5=Orange.

The filtered one has 5, NC, 2, F5, F3, F2.

Can anyone tell me which colours go where on the filtered faceplate please. I have tried Orange to 5 and Blue to F2 and the phone works but no combination seems to get the ADSL working.

Thanks.[/b]

Sponsored Links
2 and 5 are the service in and F2 and F3 are to the filtered extensions so if you have A and B they go to 2 and 5

in the bt socket, put blue on 2 and white/blue on 5. and in your filtered extension put blue on 2 and white/ blue on 5.

If you use the orange/blue of a cat 5 cable you will not have a twisted pair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back