Wiring a Masterblaster siren to a Texecom Odyssey alarm box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed a FSL system using a Scantronics control box with a Texecom Odyssey alarm box on a four wire cable with the siren and strobe connected together. I've now added a Materblaster siren next to the alarm box to up the noise level (we are very remote here) and would appreciate advise on where to attach the two trigger wires please.

Very many thanks.

Richard

Sponsored Links
You do know it also needs a mains supply, don't you?

That aside, the wires you are talking about connect to the + (pos) Hold Off and the - (neg) Signal to your sounder.

Many thanks for the info and yes I am aware that the siren needs mains power as well.

Cheers

Richard

As a follow-on from my earlier question is there any way to protect against interference with the Masterblaster? It and the alarm box are situated high up on an outside wall under the eaves. I did wonder if fitting an exterior PIR to protect it might be the solution. If so how would I wire it in? Sorry to be dull!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
No there is no way to protect the masterblaster other than keeping all the wiring concealed. A PIR won't work as the alarm will go off every time a bird flies past etc, which is going to get very dull very quickly, and will have a boy who cried wolf effect with your alarm.

Would this be the case with all PIRs? I would be trying to protect just this small area of wall on which the alarm box and Masterblaster are situated.

As a follow-on from my earlier question is there any way to protect against interference with the Masterblaster? It and the alarm box are situated high up on an outside wall under the eaves. I did wonder if fitting an exterior PIR to protect it might be the solution. If so how would I wire it in? Sorry to be dull!

Many thanks
You're not dull, you're lovely :p

When you say 'high up' where do you mean, the eaves of a two up & a two down, a bungalow or something I haven't thought of?

The building is an old stone barn with a slate roof with a height to the eves of about fifteen feet. The alarm box and Blaster are fixed to one of the side walls just under the eves for proction againt the elements. The wiring is all concealed and enters from the back. The blaster is the vulnerable element. The location of this building is very remote.

It has been suggested that I obtain a hanging basket for flowers and fix this over the blaster but I'm looking for a more elegant and effective solution.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Without actually seeing the premises, how about inside behind some sort of air brick / grill arrangement, well out of sight then. Might be a bit difficult but with thought I'm sure you could come up with something.

How about inside the overhanging eves with an air vent? Done that in the past, fiddly I know but worth it.

Thanks for giving my difficulty further thought. I did not mention that I've already got a Blaster type siren to go inside, so that if anyone actually gets into the building they will get such an earful they are not likely to stick around for long.....the noise will be devastating! To fill you in further every window and door is alarmed and every area is covered with PIRs.

An aditional question if I may. How should I connect the inside blaster to the Scantronics 9651 panel? This stuff is all new to me.

Many thanks

Richard

Never used your panel I'm afraid. Having a very quick look at the manual though, it shows the use of relays to operate peripheral devices, I'm sure you will be able to work something out.

Good luck, keep popping back with more questions or even to let us know how you are doing.

Ever thought of outside protection (warning buzzers etc), especially if you are in an isolated position good to let you know someone is about. I've done that sort of thing in a couple of my homes, works well in reverse also, lets you know if the children are off as well !

Thanks for the info. Yes I want to put off anyone even thinking of breaking in. When running in the alarm cabling a year or so ago I also ran alarm wires to various outside walls along with power cabling and security camera wiring. I wanted to have all bases covered in case I felt the need to make use of them.

Any ideas you or other members have on security would be most welcome.

Cheers

Richard

White wire to +12v, striped black to the bell trigger

watch your ears.

My apologies for the delayed reply but I've been away from home and my thanks for your advise.

Can I make those connections into the existing sounder box or must they be made directly into the control panel? Ideally I would connect the two wires into the sounder box as I do not have any spare wires available to run to the control panel, but I do have a mains cable close to where the blaster is to be fixed which is adjacent to the present sounder box.

Many thanks

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back