Wiring Pyronix Belle to Honeywell Accenta Gen 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening.

I am going to be fitting an alarm for a friend, and I wish to use the existing bell box from the previous system that was fitted. The bell box is a Pyronix Belle, and the new control panel is a Honeywell/ADE Accenta Gen 4 Mini.

I would like some guidance on which terminals on the panel I should connect to the bell box terminals, as I am going to use the existing cable that is in place and still connected to the bell box.

I have knocked up a basic diagram (see below) of the terminals in the bell box, and the terminals in the control panel, and of how I propose to wire them up. (I have used grey in place of white for the Strobe so it can be seen on the picture).

Belle_to_Gen4.jpg

Would anyone please be so kind as to let me know if the way I propose to wire these up is correct? I know I have some of them right, but am not 100% certain if they are all correct. (The last time I fitted an alarm was in the late 90's) :)

Any assistance you can give will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Gary

Sponsored Links
Looks good to me the tamper feed i suspect is if you are linking units together.

The bell tamper is next to zero volts usually.
Theres no positive strobe to connect.

You have a grey wire to the neg strobe but don't mention the connection but the cable looks right from diagram

TF maybe different depending on what you have connected.

connections:-

Belle Terminals:
B- = 0V
B+ = +12V
BA = Bell Activate (Trigger)
STB = Strobe Activate (Trigger)
BT = Bell Tamper
TF = Tamper Feed (Put to 0V (Negative tamper return) or 12V (Positive tamper return) if another bell is not used)

Yep, looks fine, but put a link from 0v to TF in the bell - Or perhaps there is a black jumper you can select? Not used one of those before.

Thank you Hoover and Lectrician for your replies. It's good to have some advice from people who know their stuff.

The grey wire I didn't mention because it's the one I knew I had got right
:)

I will put a link between TF and B- as advised. I will be fitting a Reson8 bell box at the back of the house also. Am I right in thinking that I will need to wire the TF differently? I was thinking of just wiring both bell boxes up in the same way as the diagram. So I guess they would both be SAB's then. Would that work?

For info, the total number of devices requiring power will be 4 PIR's, two shock sensors, two sounders and a speech dialler.

Sponsored Links
I personally wouldn't mix bells up.

You would need to look at your tamper circuits.

If the wires come back to the panel get it so both bells work on there own then look at setting them both up.

What current draw is specified for both bell box's
You may need to put one on low current or have a seperate supply for.

Depends on your total system load when in alarm, could start to get messy.

I hear what your saying Hoover - although as she has already purchased the kit I have no choice of using the same sounder.

The current draw for each of the devices is shown below:

Currents.jpg

The total maximum current output of the panel when in alarm is 1A. The total current draw for the whole system works out at 919 mA when in alarm, so I am just inside the limit.

I can achieve the 919 mA draw by setting the Reson8 as an SCB (70 mA instead of 360 mA when in alarm).

With specific regard to the existing sounder;

I took the cover off The Pyronix Belle and I can see that it there is a jumper fitted over the two 'SCB OFF' pins. So I take it this means it is configured as an SAB? If so, that would make sense as its the only sounder.

Its just that the Belle manual seems to contradict this, as it shows the following regarding this connection:

SCB_Pins.jpg

Which implies that if the jumper is fitted, it is in SCB mode, and if removed, is in SAB mode. Or am I reading it wrong?

As for the Tamper circuit, with two sounders - one SCB and one SAB, here are my thoughts:

I connect the tamper feed from the Pyronix Belle to T in the Accenta panel, and connect the neg bell hold off from the Pyronix to a chocolate block back in the panel. Then I wire the RTN- from the Reson8 into the other side of the chocolate block. Finally, I wire the chocolate block into T in the panel.

Have I got that right?

Thanks in advance for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back