Yale 6400 key fob won't switch off alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

We fitted the Yale 6400 homekit a few months ago. At first everything was fine and we were using the key fob to switch the alarm on and off. Suddenly, the key fob has started playing up where it switches the alarm on, but not off.

I've been careful not to set off the alarm before using the key fob because I know it doesn't work if the alarm has been set off but it's still an issue. We've replaced the key fob and the new one has exactly the same issue. This makes me think it's soemthing to do with the programming or syncing.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Do you open the front door (programmed as "entry") and start the entry countdown before trying to unset the alarm with the keyfob?f

The keyfob will only disarm the alarm if the entry timer has been started when you open the entry/exit door and the panel is counting down.
Its a security measure to prevent someone using the keyfob to disarm the system if they find a dropped keyfob on your lawn for example.
This means obviously you cannot unset the alarm using your keyfob before you come downstairs on a morning...
However if you place a PIR in your hallway downstairs also as an entry device this will trigger the panel to countdown and you will be able to use the fob to disarm it.
I think this is good practice anyway (an entry device PIR) as it starts the panel counting down and reminds you to disarm it whereas you might possibly forget the alarm is set and walk straight into your kitchen and set it off.

Sponsored Links
ah, that may be why. we normally try to switch it off before we come downstairs. i'll give it a try and walk down to a pir sensor before using the fob.

thanks both, i'll let you know how i get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back