Yale Alarm HSA3800 Tamper Help, Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help me
I've recently changed the battery's on my Alarm PIR sensors and Door sensors (one of them leaked and kept triggering the alarm). I've now changed all of them but i now have 'DC Tamper' on my alarm panel?? I've checked the Tamper spring and it's all fine.

Is there a way to clear the message from my alarm or have i done something wrong?
Im currently not setting the alarm as when the batteries leaked it kept triggering the alarm off and im worried this will keep happening.

[EDIT]
I gave up and deleted the device and then Added it again.
All seems fine now, just wish i could find i way to Clear the alarm.

Sponsored Links
Most of the guys on the site will tell you how to set a Yale and look for faults, I am more interested in the battery leak. Ensure that you have cleaned up all traces of the battery leak, including any corrosion. Sometimes a battery leak is indicative of failure to change them on a regular basis, and even more so, sometimes this can lead to you needing a replacement device if the corrosion or battery leakage has gone way beyond the battery compartment. And I'm a guilty party also, since I left batteries in my computer chess and almost wrecked the thing, so I know from experience what it can do.

It was completely my own fault the battery leaked, now realising it has been 4-5 years since I installed the alarm and not once have I checked them. My bad.

Luckily the alarm did its job and told me there was a fault (not a nice wake up at 3:00am) but if it hadn't have triggered the alarm I'd be non the wiser.

All cleaned up now and good as new. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back