Yale Alarm Tamper problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Help please.

Have recently changed the batteries in the door contact, followed all the correct procedures however i have the following fault DC Back Door Tamper, so figured that i had dislodged the spring or something like that, checked its making contact and it appears ok, but i still have the fault. When i try to arm the system i have to force arm it.

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Try removing and replacing the cover again. If you have company, friends or relatives, leave the cover off and ask someone to hold the tamper switch down, while you set the alarm, just to ensure that the cover is in fact doing it's job.

Sometimes with door contacts the fault can still show even if it does not exist. Never with pir sensors though.
Sometimes it helps to 'remove' the door contact from the system.
Clear the fault log
Then add the door contact back into the system again.

Then finally clear the fault log again . . .

Must confess, I haven't had a lot to do with these DIY systems, but I must say that the method of clearing the log and re-admitting the device is a neat little touch. I wonder how Sue is getting on, she hasn't come back to the site ... your method must have cleared the fault.

Sponsored Links
Must confess, I haven't had a lot to do with these DIY systems, but I must say that the method of clearing the log and re-admitting the device is a neat little touch. I wonder how Sue is getting on, she hasn't come back to the site ... your method must have cleared the fault.

Hopefully :D

I had the same problem, and removing the door contact and adding it back did the trick.

Great advice, thanks!

Further to my message above, I had more problems. Just sent this problem description to Yale, and will update if and when I receive an answer.

I changed a battery in a HSA6060 Door/Window contact, and after that I could not get rid of a tamper fault.
I thought that I had fixed it by removing the device from the alarm system and adding it back, but this only worked until I opened the door, when, even with the alarm system set to off), the alarm sounded. I tried this again and the same thing happened.
I have another three door contacts, and none of them have this problem, and neither did the one I just renewed until I changed the battery, so I suspected that it was faulty, and ordered another contact from Amazon.
It came today and I fitted it. All seemed ok until I opened the door ( as before with the alarm system set to off), and the alarm sounded, i.e, just the same as happened with the one I had just removed.
I then thought of switching off the power to the control pad to try to reset it, but it must have an internal battery, so I gave up and contacted you.

For a "tamper" fault, take the sensor off and put it on the table. Move the magnet to and fro and you might hear the reed switch. It should signal to your panel in "walk" mode. I don't remember if this type has an indicating LED. I don't use them any more

If the problem only occurs when fitted to the door frame it might be that the surface is uneven or the screw is distorting it. You can make a flat seating on a frame with a little filler. Wrap the sensor in clingfilm to prevent it sticking and press it firmly to the filler to mould it to shape. Trim off excess with a knife and redrill the fixing holes when set.

If there is an electrical or electronic item nearby, such as a wireless hub, doorbell, camera, transformer there is a faint chance it might be interfering with the signal. This is not common.

EDIT

YOU ARE NOT DESCRIBING A TAMPER FAULT. YOU HAVE SET THE SENSOR TO ALWAYS ON. DELETE IT AND RELOAD IT AS ENTRY SENSOR

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply!

I just re-checked and I found that it was set to entry (the other options are burglar, home omit, away entry and 24 hour), but on checking the others I found that one was set to entry, but the other two were set to burglar.

I haven't deleted and reloaded any, but have now set all four to entry, and the problem seems to be cured, though the only one with the light on is the new one. It makes me wonder whether the batteries on the other three are OK, but their lights come on when pushing the buttons, and low batteries in the past have always shown a fault, as this one did, which prompted me to change the battery (with the resulting tamper fault problem).

Edit 1. A walk test showed all four work OK, and the tamper fault is back with the alarm sounding on opening the door (although unarmed), and deleting/reloading made no difference.

Edit 2. Ashamed to admit if :mad:, but the problem was a missing tamper spring. Found it on the floor after a search and now OK (the contact light being on all the time must mean a tamper fault - doh.).

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back