Yale door entry contact burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone help me?

I have a Yale 6400 alarm and on one entry part a door contact.
Occasionally and not very often when I break the contact the alarm does not activate. I can shut the door and immediately re-open and it will activate the count down alarm.

The magnet and door contact are positioned under 1cm apart one even surface and next to each other as diagram instructs.

Can anybody help re this article?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Well that's jolly interesting. We often hear rumours that might happen, but don't often get someone who's experienced it in their own house.

You don't say when it started happening, and how long the sensor was installed before you experienced it. Please do

Start by fitting new batteries.

You can swap the front door sensor with the back door sensor. That will tell you if it is the position or the sensor that is causing the trouble.

If no difference, take the sensor and its magnet off the door, and see if it works better in other parts of the house (in some cases an electronic or electrical item in the path may interfere with the signal), or if you blu-tak it onto a different part of the frame.

If it is a plastic door and frame, then it probably has steel reinforcements under the skin, so putting it in a different position (for example away from corners or away from locks) may help. You can fit the sensor on the top edge of the door instead of the lock edge. If a wooden door, the metal parts of the lock and staple are more easy to see.

That's an easy one, the 'reed switch' is 'sticking', that's why the action of closing / opening the door again is making it work, the additional vibration frees it for a short while.

Replace the contact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back