aeg lavamat turbo 16800 probs

sie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, :mrgreen: my washing machine is playing up, it runs through the wash cycle fine but has stooped spinning at the end of the cycle, it seem to drain fine & i have cleaned out the filter. nothing blocking the wast pipe :confused:

when i put it JUST to a spin cycle same thing the green light & counter come on then it tries to spin but the green light goes out but the counter carries on
its count down to the next minutes ( now this is the strange part)--->when it gets to the next minutes, it tries again... :?:

Sponsored Links
First thing I would check are the motor brushes.
There any many different versions of this model, most produced in the early 2000's & brushes don't last forever.
Post the PNC number on the door sticker so we know exactly which model you have.

tx for quick reply,is this it..prod number 91460151300
i have this number to... type p6359679

Ok...machine was produced in 2000. Chances are the brushes are badly worn. This looks to be a Zanussi type construction so you'll have to remove the lid & rear half of the casing to get at the motor. It only takes 10 mins. Follow the instructions in this thread //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1718376#1718376 (saves me typing). Here is a video showing how to change brushes, you should be able to do it in situ without removing the motor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNnqIK8AomM

Sponsored Links
tx a lot very helpful :mrgreen: do you know the part number for the brushes on this make & model ??? or a link :LOL:

Safest to take off a brush & pop into your nearest domestic appliance workshop, they stock brushes (all types). There are several different brushes depending on which motor is fitted. Alternatively post a couple of good close-ups of the brush (back & front) & we'll point you to an online supplier.

i just thought i would up date you ( & any one reading this in the future) turns out that you dont have to take the back of the model, though i did take the nuts of the back & the lid off before i realized that :rolleyes: but it may be as well to remove the lid as the machine has to lay on its back to get to the motor.

i unscrewed the old brushes & disconnected the little jack, quite fiddly work :mad: dropped the screws, but not to big a deal ;)

i have ordered another pair the ones i took out were marked with an "R"
so went on this site http://tinyurl.com/c9utgs2 guy was very helpful & quick to respond to my e mails.

as you can see there are a few types so i ordered these http://tinyurl.com/csrqbrr as they are marked with an "R" they come as a pair ( thats what the order says any way) they are the same size length & connector width as the ones i took off, so i these ant them i dont know :LOL: the advice i would give is take the old ones out before you order any. the old ones were well worn, about 4 mill left on :eek: i will let you know how it goes.. TX FOR THE ADVICE I HAVE RECEIVED ON THIS FORUM :mrgreen:

i said i would report back, just by way of an up date! for those who have this problem in the future & have never repair the washing machine themselves :oops: the parts came & were the right ones for this make model, my advise would be "double check"

as i said before with this make model you DON'T have to take the motor out
just take the lid off & lay it on its back make sure you know what brush came from what side (very impotent :idea:) as they are tapered, so make a note.

at times i wish i was an octopus doing this job:mrgreen: falling that get someone to hold a flashlight or do it out side, you do need lots of light.
just make sure not to rush it the brushes could get damaged if you are to heavy handed ;) compressing them & geting the lugs to line up was a pain!!!!! :eek: if you had to take the motor out may be easier but you don't have to, with the model.

once you have screwed the brushes in don't forget to reconnect the little jack!

when you are happy stand it back up, & replug it back in & put it to a short spin!!.. thats what i did, & it worked fine. if you havent changed you cold fill hose in years like me do that, you may as well. ( peace of mind)

punting a new hose on is easier with the lid off, then recheck the hose & the feet. readjusted mine while i had the mole grips in my hand, & put it on a test wash. when you are happy slide it back......

ps if a chimp like me can do it you can..

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back