Baumatic OveN ... cutting itself off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently purchased a Baumatic built-in oven, model number 632SS.

Just after we got it, my wife started night shift work, so I have been doing the cooking.

For fome reason, the oven keeps cutting itself off and no power reaches it, all the lights go out.

Example this afternoon, trying to cook a joint of pork, I got a recipe from t'internet, preheated the oven to 220 degrees and stuck the pork in. 20 minutes later, it was time to lower the heat, but all the power had gone off.

Luckily I could transfer everything to out microwave / combi oven and continued from there, setting the timer to 60 minutes, after it had reached the desired temperature. Everything there is fine.

The Baumatic oven has just 'come alive' again now, with the clock there back to 00:00. It's about 20-25 minutes since the power went off.

What's going on ?

Should I contact the retailer ?

Thanks in anticipation

NB Just to clarify, the main electrics are not affected at all and the oven came back to life all by itself. Nothing was done at the circuit board.

Sponsored Links
Is it hard wired if so I would check the terminal connections are tight.

Sounds more like the installers problem than the retailer, as rocks1 says probably a bad connection in either the back of the oven or the isolator

Is it hard wired if so I would check the terminal connections are tight.

When the electrician installed it, he said it would need a dedicated circuit, which he then did.

So is it a case of calling him back ?

Sponsored Links
Yes or check the connections yourself.

Hey ... I've got the same problem with a Baumatic 632SS and since they discontinued production since the company went bankrupt, I've got no service to ask or send it to. Did you figure it out in the end? Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back