BEKO CDA543FB FRIDGE FREEZER STOPPED WORKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Beko frost free fridge freezer has just stopped cooling and freezing just out of its warranty, the light is still on in the fridge, the motor still runs & the fan in the freezer still runs, but everything has defrosted. I turned it off for 24hrs and put it back on now the only thing that's working is the light in the fridge can anyone help ? would love to repair it if someone could give me some idea of the problem.
Thanks
Jan

Sponsored Links
You still have the right to complain to shop, goods must be fit for purpose, a unit that fails just after a year is not fit for purpose.

Your not the only one my Hoover HCA 394 FK PW fridge/freezer was condemned as having a thermal insulation fault so bought a Samsung RL60GZEIH and moved the Hoover into the garage with the idea I may use it to brew beer.

Just 2 months latter my Beko TZDA504FS freezer started to make a noise which made me think the motor had gone. I switched it off and I switched the old Hoover on in the garage and plugged in my energy usage meter on the Beko and switched it one again. The readings made me think I had got it wrong around 75W and a faint humming so I left it for a couple of hours door closed until my son arrived.

So he considered I should open door and check food and good job as food at the top was starting to defrost. So all food quickly transferred to old Hoover lucky I had a freezer I could use.

Hoover is 108 litre freezer and Beko is 157 litre so any food not expensive was put to one side as the Beko was really full. However as I came to last draw I realised there was enough for it all the deeper wider draws of the Hoover just allowed one to get more in it.

Next was getting it repaired looked up motor price and found one for £175 but new freezer was only £275 and after getting motor I would still need some one to fit it so since new Beko is A+ and old one A clearly better to get new freezer.

However Beko is only 4 to 5 years old and Hoover was 15 years old so not impressed plus could cram more stuff into Hoover so not really happy getting another Beko.

As we looked at replacements I found I could get a fridge/freezer for near same price as a freezer and me and my wife nearly got to blows over what size and type for the replacement. Non frost free has thin draws with condenser between draws so no room to fit Christmas Turkey but frost free had narrow draws so although enough room for Turkey by taking draw out they did not hold that much and it would seem most fridge motors come from far east so whatever cheap make we still had a worry how long it would last.

The local shop had an ex-demo Samsung RZ80FDMH with a 10 year warranty like the Samsung RL60GZEIH at £330 so although larger than we wanted we felt it was better to get one with the 10 year warranty on the major part even if only 4 years parts and labour on the rest.

I was also not impressed on the speed at which the Beko de-frosted spec says 17 hours but in fact it was down for less than 6 hours when stuff at top was starting to de-frost.

I think likely the auto-de-frost had activated speeding up the de-frost but really there should be a inhibit which stops a de-frost cycle when the motor has failed.

As to if I have made the right decision only time will tell but I thing moving away from Beko was the right move.

Clearly you have a fridge/freezer so slightly different but I still think lucky turkey crown and joint of beef in bottom of freezer was not lost all stuff that was in top now eaten it's been bacon butties for a week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back