CANNON FOLDAWAY GRILL ON A133 SD/U COOKER: BURNER TUBE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have owned this cooker from new (1969). It still works brilliantly, but the fixing lug at the left end of the grill burner tube has bent and is cracking. Apart from the risk of the lug breaking right off during use, this angles the flames down too much.

Can I get, either new or sound s/h, a replacement tube?

My original tube has the following data moulded into its back surface:-

B6427 WITHOUT PORTS B6428 WITH PORTS

I don't know what the "ports" look like, so don't know if this one has them or not.

We would dearly like to deal with this problem as the grill, with its rotisserie and kebab attachment facilities, is an outstanding, and (at least at eye level) unique feature. (The oven's very good, and very large, too, though it does not have self-cleaning linings).

Sponsored Links
NEED TO REPLACE GAS BURNER TUBE FOR FOLDAWAY GRILL

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried this supplier. They don't even list my model - it's too old.

Where I thought I might get a new burner tube was from Hartill's of Wolverhampton (who, some time ago, had been able to supply new counterbalance springs for the drop-down oven door. Again, sadly, NO. Hartill's say it is "many years" since they last saw this part:-

[email protected]

Does anyone have one of these cookers for spares, with a serviceable condition burner tube for the grill? I don't know if the tube is the same for Cannon models without a rotisserie/foldaway grill -I gave the part numbers moulded onto the original tube in my first request message on this site.

I'll come any reasonable distance (from north Nottinghamshire) to collect a whole cooker if necessary - or pay for the part and P&P.

Hi,
We have just replaced our Cannon 133RD cooker, however we are keeping the rotisserie/grill unit and have it wall mounted above our new cooker. We still have the old cooker if you want any parts. We are in North Wales.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but it's the grill burner tube that I need. If you have kept the rotisserie to mount separately then you have obviously also kept the grill burner tube!

The problem with our grill burner tube was that the lug which supports it on the left side had bent and fatigued and had started to crack. This caused the tube to droop and the flames to point down before bending upwards. This was very detrimental to the grilling performance! I realised that the tube was drooping when I could not get a screwdriver onto the head of the screw which secures the lug to the back of the grill compartment.

The fault is basically a design fault. When the grill is closed up, the top section pushes the fret against the tube, so, over many years, stressing the tube's support lug.

As I couldn't get a replacement tube I managed to "stitch" the lug back on with small BA size stainless steel machine screws. This repair seems to be holding up OK. There is still pressure on the tube when the grill is closed up, but, so far, the repair has held. All that happens is. as before, that the screw securing the lug to the back of the grill compartment gradually slackens and has to be tightened up periodically.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back