Changing dishwasher waste hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Complete novice, so be gentle. :confused:

Just lost my dad, so am having to help mum with problems round the house.

The waste for the dishwasher has been chewed by a mouse or similar so I've bought a replacement which seems to have a push fitting on the end

It's identical to the one I've taken off, except inside the pipe, the ring that seems to want to catch to hold it in place appears to be a bit tighter than the one I've taken off, but only very marginally. Half a millimetre perhaps all the way around.

I've pushed as hard as I can and cannot for the life of me get it connected. I've tried a bit of washing up liquid to ease it on but no good

Should I attempt to shave away a bit of the inside of this connector so it's easier to get over the pipe coming off the dishwasher?

thanks
Nick

Sponsored Links
I am very sorry for your loss.
Don't modify the hose just yet. Can you post the make, model & product number so we know which machine you have? Normally the drain hose is fastened with a jubilee or spring clip.

Hi there

thanks for the response

I held it over a boiling kettle in the end to soften it up and managed to get it on, I also went and got a jubilee clip and it all seems fine at the moment

thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back