Diplomat washing machine start delay button keeps flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope some can help me with this please, the problem is that all programmes start for about a minute and then the start delay button comes on and everthing stops. I have checked the sump hose and there was a coin and piece of wire in it which has pierced the hose, cleaned this out but still not working. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Model No HJA 8552

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi - did you ever find a solution to this - this sounds like the same problem our machine is having.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike.

Wow, what an overwhelming response so far. Lets see if I can help in less than 3 pages.

Have you checked the motor brushes?

After that test inlet valve and water pressure.

Hi there -

Thanks very much for the reply!

I'm assuming the motor is ok, as it will run on the spin cycle.

This might be a daft question, but how do I test the inlet valve - and where am I testing the water pressure? Water is coming into the machine, and we don't have any issues with water pressure in the rest of the house, if that helps.

Sorry to appear a bit thick - I'm handy with the spanners, but washing machines are a bit of a dark art... I barely know how to even use one!

Thanks again,

Mike.

Sponsored Links
This is a copy of what I've posted on a couple of other forums - sorry it goes on a bit, but it might give you a bit more to go on...

Hi - we have a washing machine purchased from howdens around 7 years ago - model number HJA 8552 (which i gather is a either a Dimplomat or Limona brand).

We turn the machine on and select a normal 40 degree wash, at this point the 'Stop' LED is blinking every second. If I press the start button, I can then hear water running through the detergent drawer. Water runs for around 5 seconds, then all activity stops. The Start LED remains lit, as does the door lock LED, and nothing is flashing.

It has, on a couple of occasions, filled the bottom of the drum with a couple of inches of water, and selecting the 'drain' program has drained the water away.

The Spin function works fine.

I have removed the back cover and located a sensor with 2 wires in the rear of the drum - I assume this may be a temperature sensor. I have removed it and cleaned the muck off it, but it made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what to try next?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks again for your help,

Mike.

Do you have access to a meter to test heating element and thermostat.

I do (ight have to rob the battery from the smoke alarm.

I'll take the machine out again later on and have another look.

Thank you for your help - I really appreciate it!

Mike.

Disconnect the mains and remove leads on the heating element, check the resistance.
May as well check the thermostat whilst your there.
A little maintenance work might be in order too!

Hi - thought I'd post a conclusion to this... I couldn't really see what I was looking for, or how to test it - so we called someone in to have a look.

There's a solenoid where the water enters that machine (2 valves) - one of these was faulty. Luckily he had one with him, so swapped that out, and it worked straight away. He also changed the brushes, as they were pretty worn.

Many thanks for your help - all working now, for considerably less than the cost of a new machine.

Mike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back