Electrolux Dishwasher ESI 602 X tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Electrolux ESI 602 X (Prod No 911841061, Type 911N82-2F) which has just started tripping the kitchen circuit RCD - this seems to be when it finishes washing the dishes, and is heating them. I think that the heating element seems to be heating up more than usual before it trips as the goods inside are getting hotter than they used to - however, I could be wrong. There also seems to be about an inch of water left in it as it trips the electrics - I'm not sure if this is normal or not?

When it trips the RCD it will keep doing so if re-set, until everything completely cools down (ie overnight) - I then put it on a rinse which doesn't trip it at all (and I believe no heating element involved).

Having read other posts I am guessing it is a faulty heating element. I'm more than happy to order one and give it a go - it is an inbuilt machine so would this make it more difficult to swap or can I access it through the front/bottom of the machine.

I'd appreciate the forums assistance again :)

Jen

Sponsored Links
It most certainly will be the element and as this version has the exposed element in the base it is possible to remove it without pulling out the machine . firstly remove the decor door to give you more space at the bottom then remove the front bottom panel and the element is secured with a 10mm nut on the front left .The bracket which secures the element also secures a thermostat so once you have fitted the element you need to ensure the thermostat is correctly seated and is touching the bottom of the tub . The water left in the sump is normal.

Thanks so much for confirming my thoughts. I'll order a new element online if I can find it.

Just thinking as you mentioned the thermostat - could it be this that is not working, hence the element is over-heating and blowing the RCD?

I appreciate your help :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No the thermostat wouldn't effect the element But if you think it's overheating then replace it if you do then you need to use contact paste on the surface of the new one . Some versions also have a thermostat within the door next to the dispenser . I would just try the element and see how things go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back