Electrolux Freezer (Compressor Relay)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Electrolux freezer (TF776) which has given great service up until the last time we defrosted it.

When we plugged it back there was a bang and a fair bit of smoke from near the compressor which has come from the Compressor relay ( it is now totally destroyed).

Because of the damage I cannot read the part number to source a replacement, it is a Danfoss relay and the compressor is a Danfoss model TL5a. There are replacement relays available but there seem to be multiple of different models which all look the same.

I have contacted a couple of sellers on ebay, one says he isn't sure which one I need, the other hasn't replied at all. I have also contacted Danfoss and am awaiting a reply from them.

Just wondered if anyone here knew which one I needed or how I can find that information out ?

Thanks

P.S Just had a look through some other posts on here and can confirm that the compressor windings seem to be ok - getting readings of 16.5 ohms (x2) and 33 ohms

Sponsored Links
Sorry if you have already thought of this, but have you tried searching with the full product code rather than the model number?
pnc-plate-small.jpg

Image from http://shop.electrolux.co.uk

Thanks,

I have just tried that but the product number comes back as unrecognised - it is an old freezer.

I have emailed Electrolux UK and will see if they can help with any further information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back