Help! Hotpoint WD420 stuck in cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping someone has an idea how to get out of this situation...

Last night went to change program folowing a wash over to dry. As the nob was turned, the machine kicked off on it's own. It then filled up a little with water and began to relentlessly toss the washing back and forth. Trying to cancel or change anything switched the machine off. On restarting the machine, off it starts again, power on, door locks, water in (doesn't drain away), back and forth it spins. It's like my washing is stuck in a horror film.

Any ideas what this might be? I thought it may be the start button stuck, but change the program doesn't affect what the machine does when it's turned on.

Cheers

Benny

Sponsored Links
Check the pump and filter first.

sorry,should have said.Took the back off and cleaned the bit out with the ping pong ball. Is that what youmean by pump and filter?

Yes that's the filter does the water empty out.

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit like a PCB fault. It seems that Hotpoint machines are notorious for faulty PCBs. This company (http://www.emwelec.co.uk) repairs and supplies reconditioned washing machine PCBs and looking at their website, Hotpoint are clearly the most unreliable.

My Hotpoint washing machine was behaving very strangely and reconditioned PCB cured the problem. The price for recon PCBs may seem steep but new one is around £150 at least.

Worth phoning them for advice.

D.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back