Hoover VisionHD 1400 washing machine wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me please?
I have no experience at this sort of thing but willing to do what I can to fix it.

Washing machine stopped working and tripped the breaker. Wife swears blind that she didn't overfill it, but I have my doubts. :confused:

Anyway, the door security light wont stop flashing and thus it wont start.

I've read through lots of forums and suggestions in the past couple of hours and thought I'd head for the board first.

On the bottom I found what looks like an electrical blow (red circle) and maybe a little tracking that looks discoloured slightly (blue arrows) but that's it.

On the other side I can see that the little back chip next to IC101 is nicely sooty black. Apart from a bit of discolouration on the sticky up white block things (stop me if I'm being too technical:)) I can't see anything else wrong.

I am guessing therefore that I need a new board?
Before I go through the nightmare of trying to find said part would you please kindly give me your opinions etc?

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

Sponsored Links
I replaced the board but now I have an error e15

I can't find any hits online for that .... well nothing substantial anyway.

Model is a Hoover VHD844DB-80 if anyone has had similar or can help?

The electric originally tripped when the machine was in full spin mode ... I'm now wondering if it was the pump maybe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back