Hotpoint Aquarius f740 Door Jammed Shut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The door of my F740 washing machine is locked and won't open after the end of the cycle. I have tried pushing and pulling the door every way I can think of without breaking the handle. I have also tried putting the machine through another cycle but when it ends the door is still locked.

I have taken the top of the machine off so that I can see inside in the hope that there is a manual override, but with no luck. Does anyone know how to manually override the electronic lock?

Your assistance would be much appreciated as the wet washing is going to stink when I eventually to get into it!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There's a silver hook on the lock inside the cabinet push it with a screw driver to release the lock. Is the handle floppy if so its broke.

Thanks for the reply. I've had a look for the silver hook but can't see anything. The handle does appear to be soft, so may well be broken. Are there replacements available for a repair?

I have attached some photos of the inside of the machine incase anyone can point out where the lever is:

The next one is the inside of the handle:

The third pic shows the handle is defo broke. The silver latch is on the inside of the door trim and goes into the lock. It's in the middle of pic 1 and 2 just to the left of the wires, feel the hole that's in the middle of the lock is a small silver lever that needs pushing over to release the door open.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for the quick reply. Its hard to see exactly where you mean so I've placed an arrow on the photo where I think you are meaning, is this correct?

Do you need a screwdriver to release the lever or do it by hand? Do you push the lever in the direction the arrow is pointing?

Yes u need a small screwdriver and no it's not there its the other end of the lock the small square block you can see to the left of the wires not the right as looking from the front.

Thanks - managed to locate the lever and release the door. Wouldn't have managed that without your assistance so thanks again. :LOL:

The washing machine is working fine but to open the door I have to take the lid off and use a screwdriver to release the lever of the door. Do you know if there are replacement locks available? If so, is it a difficult repair?

It's the door handle you need. Handle is broken.

Thanks again.

Ordered a replacement handle, spring and lock from Hotpoint - was only the handle that was required.

It was a simple enough job to take the door apart and replace the handle. A bit fiddly to make sure the handle, spring and lock are all connected the right way but only took a half hour or so.

Saved an expensive engineer call out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back