Hotpoint Aquarius WD440 washing machine not draining or spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of these machines in a rented apartment and the last guest told me it wasn't spinning or empting the water.

I was able to open the door and drain the water away using tins and tried it again. It seems to wash fine, but won't enter a spin program or drain the water.

There is a buzzing sound when I manually select the spin program and it locks the door. After about 10 mins the door lock is released as if it's finished it's program but the machine is still full of the water.

I don't have a manual and havn't cleaned it out since new a couple of years ago as I don't know how, but I don't think that is the problem as the machine doesn't start to spin at all, just 'buzz'.

Should I get a repair man out or might it be something simple?

Sponsored Links
Ok, that sounds feasable. Can you advise me how to clear it pleasae?

Do I need a new one or is it repairable?

How do I get at it please?

All advice appreciated.

Back left of the mc down the bottom is a white cover remove it. The pump is in the corner. Undo the black pipe and unjam it.

Sponsored Links
I'll get a look at this tomorrow; thanks.

However, surely this would not stop the machine from going through a spin cycle? Even when I select spin only there is just a buzz but the machine does not spin.

During this the lights flash furiosly.

Great diagnosis rock1, turned out to be cord around the spindle stopping it from turning. Thanks for all help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back