Hotpoint Aquarius WT540 Burnt wiring ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i need some advise,
My machine is about 5ys old and normally when it stops working mid cycle and the lights start flashing the remedy has been to check the filter, resulting in me wading through dirty washing water and finding hair grips colour catches coins etc in the pump ....this time however i emptied the filter removed said gubbins re set the washer and it stopped again ! set the machine to empty and final spin which it did ... i removed that load and put in another which yet again stopped whilest full of water and started flashing, it wouldnt pump out wouldnt do anything so yet again i flooded the utility checked the filter nothing there ....took the lid off and found some burnt wiring.
3 little wires that are attached to the mains cable filter suppressor where burnt through , there has been no tripping out in the electrics and the power is still feeding into the machine,
So getting to my point is it a simple fix buy a new mains filter suppressor or did something else cause the wiring to burn out ???

Sorry for the long post !!!

Thanks in advance :confused:

Sponsored Links
Yes new mains surpressor and just butt connect new wires to it

Repair man came out today had a look turns out it wasnt just the Mains cable filter........with the pump keep getting blocked because i sometimes forget to check ALL pockets :oops: burnt out the motor which in turn burnt out the power board £110 later im just about to CHECK the pockets and start on the mountain of washing i have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back