Hotpoint dishwasher DWF50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a Hotpoint DWF50 Dishwasher and it does not seem to get hot,dishes wash ok,salt and rinse aid always topped up but the glasses come out a bit cloudy and if you open it during a cycle it has cold water not hot.Also the powder doesnt seem to come out of the dispenser properly.It does open but seems to go hard in the dispenser and not come out ?

Sponsored Links
I've just noticed that the 'delicate' light flashes but the machine seems to go through a full cycle,no other lights flashing

Sponsored Links
Make sure the little plastic square is attached to the rear of the dispenser. Remove consol panel , looks like relay on pcb is faulty.

Make sure the little plastic square is attached to the rear of the dispenser. Remove consol panel , looks like relay on pcb is faulty.

Thanks for your help,I don't want to sound like a numpty but could you explain in more detail. what plastic square on what dispenser and how do I remove the consol panel to see the pcb whatever that is.
Thanks again

Remove the screws round the top of the inner door. Then pull consol panel towards you. Then look down at the back of the dispenser in the door , on the right should be a little white block attached to it with 2 black wires. If its in place then you req a new pcb. That little block is the thermistor and it measures the temp in the water.

Thanks I'll have a look. I have done a search as well and someone said it may be the heater which I've found for £26 I take it the pcb is dearer. should I replace both and is the pcb something a novice can do ?

I'm obviously doing something wrong but have taken the 4 top screws off inside the top of the door and cant get the panel to move ? Do I pull it straight up or out

And the red on light flickers all the time ? Not sure if that has anything to do with it ?

The panel lifts up you might need to remove a couple more screws on the door panel as well. The red light us just a neon unrelated to the fault. Don't just buy parts with out testing the heater first a quick test with a continuity tester will tell you if it's faulty , you also need to buy 2 jubilee clips for the heater as well. Pcb is around 50 quid and just plugs in.

Thanks again for your help, I managed to get the panel off,all intact and found the block with the 2 black wires by the dispenser and that is all in tact as well. Is there a way to test the heater without a multimeter as I don't have one and is it more likely to be the pcb or the heater ?
I have sourced a complete panel for £40 inc the pcb's..it has all been tested and comes from a seller with perfect feedback,what do you think I should do ?

Have you got a continuity tester. It can be one or the other.

On the multimeter put it on ohms and measure across the heater should be 25 ish ohms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back