Hotpoint FDL570

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

In another room I was explaining that I am getting a bit of tiling done and was removing the old tiles from the wall this evening and as a result of pulling the dishwasher out to clean the small broken bits of tiles up that fell down it appears I have pulled the wiring out from it (see photos - two red wires only).

Is this easily fixed or am I talking about getting someone in to replace parts etc? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

20j4l6w.jpg

287nc75.jpg

161aiwl.jpg

Sponsored Links
My apologies mod11, when I uploaded them i forgot to do so for message boards - fixed now.

Have the extended warranty so will probably just give the guys a call to get them out to fix this as it covers accidental damage. I just discovered this now as I took the cover out with a few appliances - who ever said that these warranties don't pay lol.

All the same would it have been a major job?

All that's happened is that you pulled the feed wires out of the connector plug to the inlet valve. The white plug is held into the orange receptacle on the valve by a little plastic clip, if you bend it slightly back the plug can be removed. You can buy the valve anywhere....but the plug complete with wires that you would use to connect up to the broken ones might be harder to find. In the very worst case I suppose you could even end up having to buy a complete wiring harness (unless you could manage to solder two cables to the valve as a workaround). If you have extended cover the Hotpoint guys will sort it out for you no bother :D

Sponsored Links
All that's happened is that you pulled the feed wires out of the connector plug to the inlet valve. The white plug is held into the orange receptacle on the valve by a little plastic clip, if you bend it slightly back the plug can be removed. You can buy the valve anywhere....but the plug complete with wires that you would use to connect up to the broken ones might be harder to find. In the very worst case I suppose you could even end up having to buy a complete wiring harness (unless you could manage to solder two cables to the valve as a workaround). If you have extended cover the Hotpoint guys will sort it out for you no bother :D

Thanks mate. £66 for 2 years extended warranty for the dishwasher, not bad I think considering that for me to have this one repair fixed would probably have cost me around that would you not agree?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back