Hotpoint FDW60 dishwasher - "Delicates" light flas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Last week I noticed that our dishwasher wasn't washing properly. On a normal cycle it stops halfway through and the "Delicates" light remains flashing. Upon a little reading I understand this is down to it the heater, etc.

I've metered the heater and it read 25-26 ohms. I've checked the wiring and all seems okay. I can only presume the PCB has packed up.

Three questions really:

1. How do I know which PCB to get? On all spares websites there seems to be two to choose from, that look identical.
2. Does the PCB need to be programmed, or can I purchase it, fit it, and it'll work?
3. Somebody mentioned (on a previous post) that you can get them for around £25 (ex VAT). The cheapest I've found them for is around £75. Does anyone know where I can get them cheaper than this for?

Many thanks in advance,
Paul.

Sponsored Links
I would first check that the NTC isn't loose or detached. It is mounted on the inner door skin. You need the remove the outer door skin to get access to it.
If you need specific parts information please post all the details on the door sticker.

I checked the NTC. It seemed okay but I took it off anyway, bent the bit of metal a little that keeps it in place (to make it a tighter fit) and put it all back. It made no difference. I will try this again though, before I buy any parts.

The model details (from the label on the door) are as follows:
Type number: LS12-EVO3
S/N: 70302 1706
Other number above barcode: 37331831000
Other number below barcode: 19506062200
Model number: FDW60P

If anyone could tell me which is the correct PCB, whether it will need programming, and where to get it the cheapest then I'll be really grateful.

Cheers,
Paul.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, mate.

Just as a matter of interest, what is the difference between this one and the other one (http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/hotpoint/timer-bit1001-e2-rohs--n1045048/164091.htm?m=4903)?

Sorry to bump this thread but I have another quick question before I order the new PCB...

I stripped the dishwasher down again last night just to be sure. I tested the NTC and it responded fine to being in boiling water and freezing cold water (resistance changed dramatically), the wiring is all good coming from the heater component, and the heater components has a resistance of 25 ohms. This all leads me to believe it's definitely the PCB. However, when I perform a continuity test across the two heater terminals, it doesn't buzz. The resistance is obviously fine, but it's reading an open circuit with a continuity test?

Am I missing something? Am I being stupid?

Don't know what kind of instruments you are using but if the element reads 25Ω on 1x res. then that is a valid reading for a good element.
If the element has resistance it isn't open circuit. A continuity tester isn't the right device to measure a resistive circuit. It is ok for checking broken wires etc but that's about it ;)

Cheap Wickes, that's what I'm using.

That's was I thought. It definitely reads 25 ohms, without a doubt. Just don't get a buzz when set to continuity. I'll trust the resistance. I tested all the wires with the continuity tester...I think I'll leave it at that.

Thanks again for all your help, mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back