Hotpoint Fdw60 Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own the above model and as normal we put it on overnight i have noticed today that there is water still in the bottom of it ,the tablet has been dispensed fine and everything is clean i have also noticed that there isn't any cycle lights flashing i cant choose any cycles at all the only light that does flash is the red main power led any help would be great
Thanks

Since posting this the main power Led has stopped working

Sponsored Links
The red power light don't flash , can you select and prog. Have you unplugged it for 5 mins.

the power led was flashing but has sinced died and i was unable to select any programs at all i have checked power to the plug socket and that side is all fine

Have you checked the pcb for burn marks. Which side are you looking at for power light.

Sponsored Links
i have not yet stripped it down when i say main power led its the one next to the main on off switch on the front of the machine

dont know if this sounds strange but there was a fishy odour in the kitchin but has now gone but this may nothing but thought i would mention it as i have not had fish for a while

That could be the pcb beening fried , the power light was shorting out then popped. If it was to error out the green lights would flash never the power light. Check the pink and brown wires on pcb they go to heater they have poss burnt out. If so pcb is about 50 quid.

I have now stripped it down to find to wires burnt out one is brown and the other is black they black goes to the main power led and the brown goes down the bottom of the door area they both share the same spade connector on the pcb board , the solder joints look vey dry underneath and a little singed (blackish) will this be ok to re solder the male connectoer back on the board and reuse the pcb again or will i need to replace it
many thanks

Should be ok to solder you got nothing to lose.

just finished soldering it back together and all is well and working !!
many thanks for your advice
all the best

I now have another problem with it now!
It has not finished its cycle and the delicate 50c light
Is continually flashing ! Any help again would be great
As i now have a constant earache
Thanks

Check the thermistor is attached to the back of the dispenser. It's the little white block with 2 black wires on it and go to pcb.

I can remember putting this white block back in
its original position, do they work loose ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back