Indesit WIDL 126 - flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope you can help?
My Indesit WIDL 126 starts the drying process (programme 7) and after 2 mins the function lights start flashing green (everything except the 'easy iron' light) and the on/off door lock light flashes red really fast.
I've checked the pump and nothing seems to be blocking here??!

Any ideas much would be really appreciated??!

Thanks

Darren

Sponsored Links
Check the heater on the dryer is working should be 28 ohms ish

cheers for this - how do I check the heater and where abouts is it?

Sorry, never dealt with this machine before

Remove the lid and the heater is in the big silver box on top of the drum.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's called a ohms meter. And you will need a screw driver to remove the lid. And then a pair of mole grips to remove the heater and a torx set.

Sorry,

I now have error 13 which is something to do with the dryer ntc / fan motor.

Where are they located and how do I test??

Your help is greatly appreciated in anticipation.

That's a dryer heater fault. Heater is on the metal box, it's got 2 brass nuts on the heater and check the themo fuse in the yellow sheaf next to it.

What are you not seeing. The heater box or heater !!

I've opened up teh top, there is a 'P' shaped box. on top of this is a yellow cable in a yellow casing.

There is a square box with a round disc shaped piece and a small box thing next to it.

P shaped box is the heater box. Yellow cable is themo fuse. Test it with a continuity tester. The other square box is the fan. Follow the yellow wire to the heater its got a brass nut on it , there's another nut on the other side that's the heater. Test that with a meter or continuity tester.

Just tried the resistance test on both and the device is beepring which I believe means thay are ok??

Thanks

Did u test them with the wires unplugged. Ie on the 2 tabs of the heater then on either end of the fuse. Next thing to do is check the fan is rotating and check the blades on the fan for fluff. Then with the heater box removed is the condenser bottle blocked with fluff. That's the plastic chamber that runs down the back of the drum. If so disconnect the hose of the back and flush the bottle out useing the cold inlet pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back