Installing dishwasher and washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just moved house and want to install a washing machine and a dishwasher in the kitchen. I have two water feeds ready to go, just need an extended hose as the water feed is ~3m away from where the washing machine will go.

The problem I have is the outlet, there is one ready to go underneath the sink. Would I be able to use a different connector to have both machines drain under the sink?

g3mih.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well I just had a big spill, luckily I had a bucket underneath. By filling up both sinks, and draining them simultaneously the water squirted out of the appliance nozzle. I ended up putting the outlet hose from the dishwasher into the sink as it doesn't seem to fit on the appliance nozzle fitted to the waste pipe.

Starting to think that this might not be as easy as I thought! I think the main problem will be hooking up the second sink.

Would it be possible to do something along these lines:
qynxp.jpg

Apologies for the crude drawing.

Sponsored Links
I have installed the new kit, I had a small leak at the waste pipe but that's sorted now. The only thing I'm worried about is the soil pipe does not have as much of a downward angle now, second photo, will this be a problem? I have filled both sinks and drained them simultaneously without any problem.

crvn.jpg

2tgd.jpg

Looks fine even a tiny amount of level run wouldn't be a problem as long as the waste does not rise :D

Looks a lot better well done ;)

Looks fine even a tiny amount of level run wouldn't be a problem as long as the waste does not rise :D

Looks a lot better well done ;)
Thanks, my first ever bit of plumbing. I used a hacksaw to cut the pipes (which weren't cut particularly straight!) and then sanded the ends. Unfortunately the washing machine will be placed a little bit further away from the sink than the hose can reach.

Is there a best practice way to join bits of outlet hose? Should I try to clip it to the cabinets higher than the nozzle under the sink?

I use these and a couple of hose clips you can put a little smear of slicone on too as belt and braces but wait till the silicone is set just to be sure it dosen't lubricate the hose into slipping off.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/plastic-outlet-hose-connector-17-x-17mm/37103?_requestid=260042

I tend to use LSX sealer it goes off in about an hour and even sets a bit quicker if it happens to get wet.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/fernox-ls-x-leak-sealer/23614

Yes keep part of the hose fairly high so that water cannot syphon back to the machine your fitting instructions usually give a min / max hight to fit it but within a couple of inches of the work top should be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back