Intermittent Error 51 Zanussi zwf1632w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, my zwf1632w washing machine has started playing up. Everything seems fine but it won't start when you press the start button. It beeps like it's going to but it just doesn't.

So anyway I've checked the error code and it's coming back E51 Motor power triac short-circuited. From what I've read this could be the motor or the PCB, either of which will be expensive likely resulting in a write off (5 years old). The weird thing is though that it's intermittent. It's happened twice now where I've pulled the machine out to investigate and the next morning it's just started like normal.

I would have thought that either the motor / PCB would either work or be busted. So before I throw it away, any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance, Matt

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a possible dry joint on either the board or a poor connection at the triac. Are you able to remake the connections with a soldering iron?

I'll give that a go and let you know how it goes. Do you think it could also be caused by damp? The machine is in an outside room which has the window pretty permanently open, though not exposed to rain.

Personally I don't think placing appliances of any sort in sheds or garages does them any good because of varying temp & humidity causing condensation on internal components, but there are others that feel it is not a problem. You might also try disconnecting & reconnecting plugs to motor & pcbs & better still apply De-oxit to the pins.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back