Miele dishwasher error code F79

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Error code F79 came up on a cycle that didn't even start.

I've scoured the web and can't find this code!

Any help please?

Sponsored Links
You will find very little Miele info online.
F79 signals a communication fault between the circulation motor frequency converter and control module.
Basically all you can do is check that the wiring between the circulation motor & pcb is intact (no broken wires/bad contacts). If ok then you need either a new circulation motor or a new pcb. Miele spares are very expensive, so rather than guessing which one to change out I would get a Miele tech in to pin it down first time around.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thank you very much for that!

I couldn't resist messing so I turned it off and on again (I'm more familiar with computers than dishwashers!) and it went through ok.

It's only about 10 days old so if it goes bonkers again, they can get round here especially considering what it cost!!!

Could the problem have been caused by a power fluctuation? We get them a lot here. They are noticeable but not enough to, say, reset the video clock.

If it is new you shouldn't be messing around with it at all...you risk invalidating your warranty altogether :(
Line fluctuation/surges can cause all kinds of problems. Keep an eye on it & if you get more error codes call Miele...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back