Multi fuel log burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just purchased a used log burner. It has a six inch outlet and the space we are hoping to put it is in place of the old boiler that used to be in this property. The old pipe for the boiler flue is still in situ but is only a five inch diameter...is there anything we can do to safely fit this burner. I've hopefully attached a photo to show the pipe that's in situ. Any advice would be so welcome. Thanks

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome Keido :D :D :D
are you aware off part j
and the need to comply with it ??
you need to employ a hetas registered person to install
or inform building control before you start install to part j and pay for b/c to check your installion is up to standard

Thank you for your welcome and your reply, yes I've been researching all of this and realise we have to comply with building regs etc and use a hetas registered installer, I just didn't want to start going down that road and bothering anyone if the log burner we've bought definitely won't be any good.

Sponsored Links
the trouble we have here is our opinions may be correct but not be the same interpritation as b/c or the installer
in general you will need a class one liner
also in general if you have gas central heating you will have an expensive to install expensive to run time consuming life style choice
in general a duel fuel rated at say 5kw will only give off around 1-2 kw if you burn wood even less iff you dont tend to it frequently

if your fully electric it may make a closer run thing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back