Neff Cooker tripping main RCD on either Grill or Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

As the heading indicates my Cooker is shorting out on both Oven & Grill. After the first incidence after resetting the RCD the Grill worked for approx. 30 seconds before tripping again. It now trips immediately the Dial is turned to either Oven or Grill. I initially thought that the Grill Element had developed a short circuit but because both appliances are displaying the same fault I am now wondering if there is a fault common to both?.
Does anyone have any idea's what the fault might be.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
What is the model type?
It sounds very much like an element fault.
If you have dual elements, I would suggest that you do a continuity test on the elements.
You could also disconnect an element at a time and see if the RCD still trips.
But you must isolate cooker circuit and enclose the terminal ends safely before re-energised as these are live components.
Could tell you whether you have one faulty element or two.
Also take a note of the way they are terminated before disconnection!

Thanks for your reply Prenticeboy.
Unfortunately all the Graphics have worn off the Oven so i'm not sure of the model.
I have disconnected both Elements & tried to take Resistance readings but cannot get a true reading, they both start off at 400 + Ohm & continue to drop until the Meter reads O/L. This Resistance is greater than what I would of expected. Why does the Meter go O/L before giving a constant value? Is that indicating a dead short?
With both Oven & Grill Dial settings giving the same condition, I was wondering if the problem could be with the Control Dial Switch?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back