NEFF Replacement of Heater Element wiring connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have just removed my Fan oven heater element as it was faulty. In doing so 2 of the 3 wires have come away from their connection on the heater element so I am unsure how they now go back on !!

There are 3 wires coming from the back of the oven 2 x a brown (ish) colour and one has a green sleeve on the wire.
The heater element is round with their being 2 connection points at the top part of the element and 2 connector points at the lower part of the element.

1 of the brown wires is still connected to the bottom part of the element, so where do I connect the 2 wires that have come off..... ???

Thanks in advance. John.

Sponsored Links
too close to call! going by the pic.

is their an earth symbol next to a connector on the base plate?

have you got a multi meter?

IF YOU CONNECT LIVE TO EARTH YOULL MAKE THE CHASSIS LIVE.. = DANGER.

Coaster";p="3006533 said:
too close to call! going by the pic.

is their an earth symbol next to a connector on the base plate?

have you got a multi meter?

IF YOU CONNECT LIVE TO EARTH YOULL MAKE THE CHASSIS LIVE.. = DANGER.[/quote
yes i have a multi meter. cant see a symbol. dont like the sound of getting it wrong..... :-

ok :)
set it beep. for continuity test.
touch one probe on the base plate and one onto a connector. if it beeps, thatll be the earth, the green'll go n there. the brown on other. the brown ones should be on the ends of the element bar that pass through base plate.

Sponsored Links
just to make sure. beep test the 2 terminals with brown wires attahced befor reassembling the oven.
one probe on one brown wire terminal one probe on the other

apologies for not being able to use pic.. i'm online with a mobile phone and screen is small. if i had a pc in the library i'd tell you better

one more thing.. you said the wires just came off? just make sure theyre held securely when pushed back on.

theres also a video on youtube on how to replace a neff oven element.

ok, on library computer and can see the pic a lot better.
the brown should connect to one of the double terminal at bottom of the picture.
where the element bar comes through the base plate.

it looks like 4 terminals, but they are in fact 2 double terminals
(I dont know why they are manufactured like that)

I can't see where the earth (green wire goes) cant help you there,
the base plate may be earthed through the fastening. there's another terminal on the back of the oven, (not on the element) it may connect there but cant be certain.
Someone else on here may know

ok, on library computer and can see the pic a lot better.
the brown should connect to one of the double terminal at bottom of the picture.
where the element bar comes through the base plate.

it looks like 4 terminals, but they are in fact 2 double terminals
(I dont know why they are manufactured like that)

I can't see where the earth (green wire goes) cant help you there,
the base plate may be earthed through the fastening. there's another terminal on the back of the oven, (not on the element) it may connect there but cant be certain.
Someone else on here may know

thats great. thanks for you efforts. from wgat i can see some elementshave an sarth connector on them but later ones do not (apparently) and the earth should be tapped uo with insulation tape. i will see if any further instructions come with the new element.
thanks again.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back