New Beko double electric built in oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased one of these a little while back on the recommendation of 'Which' and although it does most things very well you can't use it on a setting higher than 180C in the main oven or 160c in the top oven without filling the house with smoke or a burning fat smell.

I have checked the thermostats against an oven thermometer and the top oven seems to be running 20C to hot which we compensate for but the main oven is OK.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Peter

Sponsored Links
It is not unusual for a new oven to to smoke a little on the first occasion it is used, some manufacturers recommend that you run the oven for awhile prior to first cooking with it.
But if this is something that has continued since first use and would suggest calling the service engineer as you indicated this is a quiet new appliance and therefore assume still in warranty.

Thanks for that but the oven has been in use for some months now and the problem seems to be that any smoke produced in the oven is being blown out into the kitchen by the cooling fan. I might contact them.

Peter

If the appliance is still under warranty, there is no point messing about with it, contact their customer services and arrange for an engineer to look at it. Before you contact them have all the details of the appliance available in front of you for quick reference.

Sponsored Links
Have it checked out carefully, a seam may have parted in the oven cavity fabrication......then the cooling fan is blowing out the smoke !!!

It happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back